The Energy Exchange will host three Current Conversations to hear from high-level leadership. Below is the 2021 line up. To find about more about speakers, please visit the 2021 Featured Speakers and Panelists webpage.
TUESDAY AUGUST 3, 12-1:30 PM ET
Presidential Sustainability Priorities–Lead by Example
This session will focus the Biden Administration’s ambitious goals for achieving a clean energy economy by 2050 and the role of the Federal Government to lead by example. Federal Chief Sustainability Officer Andrew Mayock will provide the session’s keynote, followed by a moderated panel where agency leaders will share examples of leading the way on zero-emission vehicles, carbon-pollution free electricity, zero emission buildings, and climate adaptation and resilience.
Speakers and Moderator:
- Andrew Mayock, Federal Chief Sustainability Officer
- Richard Kidd; Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Environment and Energy Resilience, Department of Defense
- Philip A. McNamara, Assistant Secretary for Administration and Chief Sustainability Officer, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Sonal Larsen, Senior Advisor to the Administrator on Climate, General Services Administration
- Ingrid Kolb, Director, Office of Management, U.S. Department of Energy
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 4, 12-12:30 PM ET
Federal Leadership in Environmental Justice
Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) Brenda Mallory will outline the Biden Administration’s priorities and vision for environmental justice, including the importance of incorporating environmental justice considerations into Federal operations planning and decision making. This session will discuss what’s to come and how environmental justice is relevant to the work of all Federal employees.
THURSDAY AUGUST 5, 12-1:30 PM ET
Department of Defense Deputy Assistant Secretary Panel (DoD DAS Panel)
This session will offer attendees an opportunity to hear the latest on U.S. Department of Defense energy programs from the Deputy Assistant Secretaries responsible for Energy at the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the military departments. This will be an interactive question and-answer session with the audience. Participants will have an opportunity to ask about new initiatives and the progress of ongoing programs.
Speakers and Moderator:
- Richard Kidd, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Environment and Energy Resilience
- Christine Ploschke, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Energy and Sustainability
- Ms. Sandy Kline, Director for Installation Resilience, Department of the Navy
- Mark Correll, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Environment, Safety and Infrastructure
- Walter Ludwig, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Environment and Energy Resilience (Moderator)