Energy Exchange is committed to adding sustainable practices throughout the 2024 event. Here are some things we are doing:
- Partnering with David L. Lawrence Convention Center (DLCC), a Platinum LEED-certified building.
- Working with DLCC to define the hours of operation to set the building systems to maximize efficiency.
- Working with the DLCC food service provider to use locally grown products as much as possible.
- Incorporating electronic signs, when possible, to cut down on the amount of printing.
- Leveraging the mobile app for all event materials so there is less paper waste.
- Having clear signage for recycling and trash to maximize utilization.
Here are some things you can do:
- Comply with the posted signage at the DLCC to recycle all products, including food waste.
- Bring your own reusable beverage container and refill it during the event at the complimentary beverage stations located throughout the building.
- Bring your walking shoes! Downtown Pittsburgh has accessibility to over 175 restaurants, 40 cultural & entertainment attractions, three major sports arenas, and several miles of riverfront trails.
- Rideshare – take public transportation or use rideshare opportunities when traveling to/from the airport.